Melinda Jacob Camperships
Through the generous bequest of Melinda Jacobs, flutist with the University of Dayton New Horizons Band, your NHIMA Board of Directors is able to offer 22 Camperships.
Winners will be selected through a lottery process.
To qualify for a Campership you must meet two criteria:
1. You must be a member of NHIMA. Remember, your organization’s group membership does not extend to members of the group. You must therefore have your own Individual/Couple NHIMA Membership to qualify.
2. You must be a First-Time Attendee of an approved NHIMA Music Camp.
- It is your responsibility to apply and be accepted to your chosen 2017 New Horizons Music Camp.
- If your application is selected, you understand that the award of $100 or $250, as appropriate, will be sent directly to you after the conclusion of the camp.
- Travel and accommodation costs associated with attendance at the Music Camp are your responsibility.
- Financial award is not transferable and may not be applied to any other camp.
The camps and campership amounts are:
- Sonoma State University Band Camp
- Pacific Northwest New Horizons Band Camp
- New Horizons Music Camp at Orford Music Center (Montreal)
- Eastman Rochester NHIMA Orchestra Camp
- University of Alabama Community Music School Adult Strings Weekend
There will be 12 $250 camperships and 10 $100 camperships awarded.
For Individual/Couple Membership use the button below.
For a listing of New Horizons Camps, use the button below.
How to Apply
If you would like to apply for a Campership you can either apply online:
Or you can print the form and apply through the mail.